Provincial Loan Programs
Students who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents may be eligible for financial assistance from their provincial governments. Applications are usually available in late May or early June.
|Manitoba||Ontario – Information for OSAP at U of T|
|Newfoundland||Prince Edward Island|
|North West Territories||Saskatchewan|
To qualify for a tuition deferral, you must:
1. Apply for and demonstrate that you’ve been assessed for government student aid greater than $0; and,
2. Have paid all outstanding financial obligations from previous sessions.
Residence payments cannot be deferred.
Process: Students should send a JPG file of their paper copy of the “Notice of Assessment” from the provincial loan office or a “Notice of Assessment” print out of their student loan provincial application from an online portal to email@example.com. Allow up to 4 business days after the e-mail is received for internal processing and then you may log into ACORN to defer your fees online using the instructions given to you by your Division.
Graduation, Employment and OSAP Loan Default Rates
Information about graduation, employment, and loan default rates is available at www.provost.utoronto.ca (follow the Tuition & Fees link from the main page).
Getting ready to start repaying your loans? The National Student Loans Service Centre offers repayment webinars. Sign up for a date that works for you!
OSAP and UTAPS do not provide assistance for these programs:
- Master of Mathematical Finance
- International Dentist Advanced Placement Program for Foreign-Trained Dentists (IDAPP)
- Executive Programs at Rotman School of Management
- Master of Financial Risk Management at Rotman School of Management
- Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting at Rotman School of Management
- International Pharmacy Graduate Program (Canadian Pharmacy Skills) for individuals with foreign pharmacy degrees.
- OISEUT Additional Qualification Courses: do not lead towards a degree
- School of Continuing Studies Courses: do not lead towards a degree
- Professional Experience Year Programs
- Residency Programs
- Certificate in Environmental Management
- Certificate in Renewable Energy
- Certificate in GIS for Environmental Management
- Certificate in Environmental Health
- Internationally Trained Lawyers Program (ITLP)
- National Committee on Accreditation at the Faculty of Law
- Non-degree Studies