Ontario Tuition Grant
To be eligible for the 30% Off Ontario Tuition Grant (OTG) a student must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident of Canada (landed immigrant) or a Protected Person;
- Must be an Ontario resident, as defined by OSAP;
- Be enrolled in a first entry, undergraduate program at a university
- Be enrolled full-time as defined by OSAP: 60% of a full-time course load (1.5 credits per term for most undergraduate programs at U of T) or 40% for students with a permanent disability (1.0 credits per term)
- Have finished high school less than four years before the start of their current school year (or less than six years for students with a permanent disability);
- Parents’ combined gross income (before taxes) is $160,000 a year or less
If you are restricted from OSAP as the result of default, misrepresentation, fraud, a second OSAP overpayment, or an academic progress restriction, you will be ineligible to receive an Ontario Tuition Grant until the restriction is cleared.
How to Apply
Students who apply and receive full-time OSAP assistance will be considered automatically.
Eligible students who do not receive full-time OSAP can apply using an online OTG application through the OSAP website. The application deadline is 60 days before the end of the study period, defined as the last day of exams. All documents must be submitted at least 40 days before the end of the study period.
For more information, check out the 30% Off Ontario Tuition page on the Government of Ontario’s website.