Ontario Tuition Grant
To be eligible for the Ontario Tuition Grant (OTG) a student must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident of Canada (landed immigrant) or a Protected Person;
- Must be an Ontario resident, as defined by OSAP;
- Be enrolled in a first entry, undergraduate program at a university
- Be enrolled full-time (i.e., at least 60 per cent of a full course load, or 40 per cent for a student with a disability);
- Have finished high school less than four years before the start of their current school year (or less than six years for students with a permanent disability);
- Parents’ combined 2011 total income is $160,000 a year or less.
Students restricted from OSAP assistance as the result of default, misrepresentation or fraud, a second OSAP overpayment, or academic progress restriction, are ineligible to receive an Ontario Tuition Grant until such time as the restriction is removed.
How to Apply
Students who apply and receive full-time OSAP assistance will be considered automatically.
Eligible students who do not receive full-time OSAP can apply using an online OTG application within the first 30 days of their study period for one term programs; no later than 90 days before the end of their study period for two and three term programs.
Web Link to OTG Page: http://osap.gov.on.ca